Hello Aspirants!! Welcome to the Online Quantitative Aptitude Section with explanation. Here we are providing Data Interpretation Quiz which will be useful for all upcoming exams like IBPS PO, IBPS CLERK, LIC Assistant and NABARD. Attempt and analyze your preparation!
Directions (1-5): The following bar graph shows the production (in thousands) of different products in a company in 6 different months.
1) In how many months in the percentage rise/fall in production of Erasers from the previous month less that 10%?
E) None of these
2) What is the difference between the average production of scales in April, May and June and the average production of erasers from January to June?
3) The production of pencils for the given period is approximately what percentage of the total production of all the three products during the given period?
E) None of these
4) If selling price of one pencil is Rs 8 and that of one scale is Rs 11, then what is the difference between the revenues of pencils and scales during the given months?
A) 1174 thousand
B) 1438 thousand
C) 1624 thousand
D) 1238 thousand
E) 1168 thousand
5) If in July, the production of pencils get increased by 12%, that of erasers get increased by 8% and that of scales get decreased by 5% over the previous month, find the total production of all the 3 products in July.
A) 123.45 thousand
B) 178.48 thousand
C) 132.56 thousand
D) 142.42 thousand
E) 138.67 thousand
For Feb = (50-48)/48 8 100 = 4.17%
Similarly find for all months
For march = -8%, april = 17.40%, may = 3.7% and june = 7.14%
So 4 months
Average Scales in April, May, June = 54
Average erasers in all months = 52.33
Difference = 1.67
Production of pencils = 283 thousand
Total production of all = 909
So % = 283/909 * 100
Total revenue of pencils = 283*8 = Rs2264 thousands
Total revenue of scales = 312*11 = Rs3432 thousands
Difference = Rs1168 thousands
Pencils in July = 112/100 * 54 = 60.48
Erasers in July = 108/100 * 60 = 64.80
Scales in July = 95/100 * 56 = 53.20
So total = 178.48
Directions (6 – 10): Study the following line chart carefully and answer the questions that follow:
6) What is the ratio of sales of Phones in first six months to the ratio of sales of TV during the same period?
A) 260 : 233
B) 205 : 226
C) 234 : 243
D) 219 : 259
E) 213 : 256
7) In which months is the difference between the sales of the two products the same?
A) Jan, July and Dec
B) July, Aug and Nov
C) Feb, June and Aug
D) July, Sep and Nov
E) None of these
8) If the people who buy Phones are 20% more than the people who buy TV, then total sales of which product is minimum?
C) Same for both products
D) Cannot be Determined
E) Can be any product
9) In which month from Mar, May, July, Sep and Nov is the % rise in sales of TV the maximum compared to preceding month?
10) The sales of TV in the months of July and Aug together in what approximately percent less than the sales of same in the months May and June?
Sales of Phones in first six months = 657000
Sales of TV in first six months = 777000
Jan = 9, Feb = 13, March = 15, April = 36, May = 15, June = 50, July = 40, Aug = 40, Sep = 12, Oct = 42, Nov = 40, Dec = 30
People who like TV = x, then who like Phones = 120/100 × x = 1.2x
Total sales of TV in all months = 1538 thousand
Total sales of Phones in all months = 1538 thousand
Sales of TV/person = 1538/x and
Sales of Phones/person = 1538/1.2x
So Sales of Phones/person is minimum.
Mar = 6/112 × 100 = 5.35%
Similarly, May = 1.46%, July decreased, Sep = 4.38%, Nov = 3.42%
[(139+173)-(127+114)]/ (139+173) × 100 = (312 -241)/312 × 100 = 23%
Hope this helps you prepare well for the Quantitative Aptitude Section. Do let us know if you have any other queries in the comments section below.