Geological Survey of India (GSI) North Eastern Region (NER) installed 2 Geological Display Boards at Mawmluh cave, Therriaghat-
1) The Geological Survey of India (GSI) North Eastern Region (NER) installed two geological display boards at two important geological sites in Meghalaya.
2) The boards are unveiled at Meghalaya’s two important geological sites namely Mawmluh cave and Therriaghat, Sobhar in East Khasi Hill District.
UN Designates JeM Chief Masood Azhar As Global Terrorist-
1) Jaish-e-Mohammad chief Masood Azhar was listed as a designated terrorist by the UN Security Council 1267 Committee.
2) The announcement was made by India’s Ambassador and Permanent Representative to UN, Syed Akbaruddin.
BANKING & FINANCE
BHEL and ARAI together signed MoU on different projects related to e-mobility-
1) Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) and Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI) have together signed an MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) for effective cooperation on different projects related to e-mobility and implement solutions for electric & trolley bus, EV (Electric Vehicles) chargers, battery and charger testing, etc.
2) The MoU was signed by Rashmi Urdhwareshe, Director, ARAI and Renuka Gera, BHEL.
LIC HFL launches Udyam Centre in Bengaluru-
1) LIC Housing Finance (LIC HFL) has launched ‘Udyam’, a skilling centre in Bengaluru. It was launched in association with Lok Bharti Education Society, the implementing partner.
2) Centres of Excellence (CoE) have been launched in Delhi and Bengaluru, and later on will expand to other cities.
AWARD & HONOUR
Goldman Environmental Prize Conferred On 6 Environmental Activists-
1) The Goldman Environmental Prize is the world’s largest award honouring grassroots environmental activists. Six grassroots environmental activists received the prestigious Goldman Environmental Prize.
The winners of the award are-
• Alfred Brownell, Liberia
• Bayarjargal Agvaantseren, Mongolia
• Ana Colovic Lesoska, North Macedonia
• Jacqueline Evans, Cook Islands
• Alberto Curamil, Chile
• Linda Garcia, United States
Sri Lankan cricketer Kumar Sangakkara named as first non-British President of MCC-
1) The former Sri Lanka batsman Kumar Sangakkara has been appointed as the first non-British president of Marylebone Cricket Club. Sangakkara will begin his one-year tenure in October, having been nominated by the incumbent, Anthony Wreford.
2) The 41-year-old, who retired from playing in 2017 and is already an honorary life member of MCC and has sat on its influential world cricket committee for the past seven years.
BSE Appoints First Independent Woman Director Jayshree Vyas To board-
1) BSE, formerly known as the Bombay Stock Exchange, has appointed its first independent woman director Jayshree Vyas. However, BSE has missed the deadline of April 1 which was given to all top 500 listed companies based on their market capitalisation to appoint an independent woman director on their board.
2) Vyas is a professionally-qualified chartered accountant, working as the managing director of Shree Mahila Sewa Sahakari Bank, Ahmedabad, since 1986.
Apurvi Chandela Ranks World Number 1 In Women’s 10 m Air Rifle Event-
1) Indian shooting ace Apurvi Chandela attained the world number one position in the women’s 10 metres air rifle event. Anjum Moudgil attained number two after consistent performances in recent years.
2) The rifle ace from Jaipur is among the five Indian shooters to have already secured 2020 Olympics quotas for the country.
Master Hirannaiah, veteran Kannada actor and political satirist, dies at 85-
1) Master Hirannaiah, veteran Kannada actor and political satirist, dies at 85 in Bengaluru. He shot to popularity when his play “Lanchavatara” began to feature satirical commentary on contemporary political scenarios since the late 1960s.
2) Hirannaiah revolutionised professional theatre in Kannada by bravely staging the plays against social evils and political corruption of his times.