1) The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will introduce artificial intelligence (AI), early childhood care education and yoga as new subjects in school curriculum from the upcoming academic session.
2) “The board will provide necessary support and guidance towards training and capacity building of teachers and other aspects for the successful implementation of skill subjects from time to time.
1) India has moved up two places to rank 76th on a global energy transition index, which has ranked 115 economies on how well they are able to balance energy security and access with environmental sustainability and affordability.
2) Sweden remains on the top on this annual list compiled by Geneva-based World Economic Forum (WEF) and is followed by Switzerland and Norway in the top three.
1) Archana Kamath clinched a silver medal in the under-21 women’s singles section of the Seamaster ITTF Challenge Plus 2019 Oman Open table tennis tournament, at Muscat.
2) Archana reached her first under-21 international final, where she lost to Japan’s top-seed Satsuki Odo of Japan.
BOOKS & AUTHORS
1) Former Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) Navin Chawla released his new book, “Every Vote Counts: The Story of Elections in India,” at the Jaipur Literature Festival.
2) It was launched by Former Vice-President Hamid Ansari In New-Delhi.
Justice PK Mishra appointed as the Acting Chief Justice of Chhattisgarh High Court-
1) The union government has notified the appointment of a senior-most judge Justice Prashant Kumar Mishra of the Chhattisgarh high court as the acting chief justice following the resignation of Chief Justice Ajay Kumar Tripathi.
2) Justice Tripathi resigned his charge of the office of chief justice after he was appointed as the member (Judicial) of the Lokpal.
K. Govindaraj re-elected as the President of the Basketball Federation of India-
1) K. Govindaraj has been unanimously re-elected as president of the Basketball Federation of India (BFI) at its annual general body meeting. Chander Mukhi Sharma was re-elected secretary-general.
2) Govindaraj announced that a new six-team women’s league will be held in the next three months.
AWARDS & HONOURS
Peter Tabichi has won The Global Teacher Prize for 2019-
1) Peter Tabichi, a Kenyan maths and Physics teacher won the $1 million Varkey Foundation Global Teacher Prize at a star-studded event in Dubai.
2) Peter has dedicated his life to helping others. He gives 80% of his teaching salary to local community projects, including education, sustainable agriculture and peace-building.
1) Shahnaz Rahmatullah, a renowned South Asian singer, popularly known as Shahnaz Begum, passed away in Bangladesh after suffering a heart attack.
2) The 67-year-old singer’s career spanned five decades and encompassed a number of genres, particularly national songs.