NITI Aayog’s Fintech Conclave held in New-Delhi-
1) The NITI Aayog will organise the FinTech Conclave 2019 on financial technologies in New-Delhi. The conclave will be inaugurated by Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Governor Shaktikanta Das and will be attended by senior government and RBI officials, as well as more than 300 representatives from the leading financial institutions.
2) “The objective is to shape India’s continued ascendancy in fintech, build the narrative for future strategy and policy efforts, and to deliberate steps for comprehensive financial inclusion.
Italy’s Earth Watching PRISMA Satellite launched by Vega Rocket-
1) On 21st March 2019, Italy’s new Earth-observation satellite named PRISMA (Precursore Iperspettrale della Missione Applicativa) launched from the Guiana Space Centre in Kourou, French Guiana.
2) It was developed by the joint venture of Italian Space Agency OHB Italia SpA and the European Space Agency LEONARDO SpA.
IPL CSK Batsman Suresh Raina made a new record to surpass 5000 runs-
1) Suresh Raina pipped Virat Kohli to become the first ever player to amass 5,000 runs in the Indian Premier League (IPL).
2) He scored 5000 runs from 177 matches at a strike-rate of 138.15 consisting 35 fifties and one hundred and is also the only batsman to breach the 300-run mark in all 11 seasons.
Former World Number 6 Badminton Player Joachim Persson banned over match-fixing-
1) Former top-10 player Joachim Persson of Denmark was banned for 18 months by the Badminton World Federation in regard to match-fixing.
2) The 36-year-old former world number six was found guilty of “four violations of the code of conduct in relation to betting, wagering and irregular match results”.
2019 Lingshui China Masters held in China-
1) The 2019 Lingshui china masters was a badminton tournament which took place at Agile Stadium in China from 12 to 17 March 2019 and had a total purse of $75,000.
2) This tournament was organized by the Chinese Badminton Association and sanctioned by the BWF.
World Tuberculosis Day observed on 24 March-
1) World Tuberculosis Day, observed on 24 March each year, is designed to build public awareness about the global epidemic of tuberculosis (TB) and efforts to eliminate the disease.
2) The date marks the day in 1882 when Robert Koch announced that he had discovered the bacterium that causes TB, Mycobacterium tuberculosis. His discovery opened the way towards diagnosing and curing this disease.
3) The theme of World TB Day 2019 is ‘It’s time’.
Kannada actress LV Sharad Rao passed away at the age of 76 years-
1) Kannadafilm industry’s Veteran Kannada actress L V Sharada Rao, who is well-known for acting in films like ‘Ganiamma’ (1983), ‘Vamshavruksha’ (1971), and ‘Adi Shankaracharya’ (1983) has passed away at the age of 76 years due to breast cancer.
2) Sharada was best known for expressing emotions with her eyes. ‘Ganiamma’ was one of the prime examples for her acting career for which she got Karnataka State award.