India extends Rs. 35.5 Million financial grants to Nepal-
1) India has extended Nepalese Rupees 35. 5 million as financial assistance for the construction of an educational campus in Nepal.
2) India has extended a total of Nepalese Rupees 35.5 million as financial assistance for the construction of the three-storied building for the Siddheswar Education Public Campus at Ramechhap district which has now been completed.
Delhi IGI Airport becomes the 12th busiest airport in the world as per ICI Report-
1) The nation capital’s Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA) has now become the world’s 12th busiest airport, moving up four places from the 16th spot in 2017.
2) According to the preliminary world airport traffic rankings for 2018 released by the Airports Council International (ACI) it over took mega-hubs like Frankfurt, Dallas Forth Worth, Guangzhou and Istanbul Ataturk airports.
3) The ACI report said the IGI airport saw 6.9 crore domestic and international flyers in 2018, which is 10.2 per cent points higher than the combined passengers of 2017.
Rear Admirer Sanjay Jasjit Singh designated as The Western Fleet Commander-
1) Rear Admiral Sanjay Jasjit Singh is likely to be the Commander of Western Fleet. He currently heads the Indian Naval Workup Organisation as Flag Officer Sea Training at Kochi.
2) He will succeed Rear Admiral MA Hampiholi, AVSM, NM who has been appointed as Director General Naval Operations in the rank of Vice Admiral.
Vice-Admiral Karambir Singh to be designated as the Next Chief of the Naval staff-
1) The Union Ministry of Defence announced that Vice Admiral Karambir Singh was appointed the next chief of the Naval Staff. He will take over on May 31, 2019.
2) Vice Admiral Karambir Singh will take over as the next navy chief when Admiral Sunil Lanba retires on May 30, 2019.
Saina Nehwal named as TSJA Sports Person of the Year-
1) London Olympics bronze medallist Saina Nehwal was named ‘sportsperson of the year’ at the annual Telangana Sports Journalists Association awards.
2) Rio Olympics silver medallist P.V. Sindhu was named ‘outstanding performer’ in women’s section while P. Gopichand was presented the ‘coach of the year’ award. The Indian badminton team was adjudged the ‘team of the year’ and the Badminton Association of Telangana was named ‘Association of the Year’.
Srilanka’s Lasith Malinga announced his retirement from International Cricket after T20 World Cup 2020-
1) Sri Lankan limited overs captain Lasith Malinga will retire from international cricket after next year’s Twenty20 World Cup.
2) The 35-year-old bowler believes he has one more year left at the top before he will retire from international duty.
World Meteorological Day observed on 23 March-
1) Every year, on 23 March, the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) and its 193 member states and territories, including Bangladesh, observe this day commemorating the emergence of WMO as a specialized agency of the United Nations.
2) Theme for this year is Climate Knowledge for Climate Action.
Karnataka Cabinet Minister C.S Shivalli died at the age of 57-
1) Channabasappa Satyappa Shivalli, Karnataka’s minister for Municipal Administration and Local Bodies died on Friday after he suffered a heart attack. He was 57.
2) Shivalli, a legislator from Kundagol in Dharwad district, collapsed while talking to locals in the district.